Pages

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Looks can be deceiving.

I made a small, but significant discovery yesterday: lab coats are water-proof.

I guess I should've known. I mean, what is the point of a lab coat if not to protect you from spills? What kind of protection will it give if spills go right through the fabric onto you? So it comes as a no-brainer that lab coats are water-proof.

It is just something that I never really thought about and, if I was to take a guess, I may've even blurted out that I don't think they are simply because the fabric didn't really look it. But then again, what was I expecting - a rain coat?

Anyhow, I finally figured it out yesterday when my arm accidentally passed in front of the automatic tap in our lab. I've been careful to avoid it up until now, but I had to clean up some pretty big spills yesterday and I was on a schedule, so I really didn't have the time or patience to twist my arms in awkward angles just to miss the tap. Well, guess what, I remained quite dried thanks to my water-proof lab coat =)

On the other hand, medical examination gloves look like they should be water-proof but they certainly do not feel it.

Looks can be deceiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment